Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Weekly Roundup

First, let me say that I know the subscription service isn't working right. I'm trying to get that fixed. Technology is a wonderful thing.

Second, I'm happy to announce that I've been asked to join Old Towne Review Chronicles. My first post there, which I plan to be an original post, will go up there on Monday (hopefully).

On with "bidnez"

The Revealer has a commercial you have to see that tries to put a face on the contraception issue.

Jim Wallis, who I heard speak this week at Princeton, writes about the Right highjacking faith here. If you haven't read "God's Politics"; I'd put it at the top of your "to read" list.

Body and Soul beats me to the punch to describe how the Paranoid Right is now fighting a cancer vaccination. Wow. You have to read that line twice.

Churchgal gives us a snapshot of how extreme politics of fear destroys churches.

Behind the Surface reminds us that the casualities we hear about in Iraq are someones Husband, Father, and Brother-in-Law. God bless.

Faithful Progressive discusses the use of religious hate speech.

I'm a Christian Too twists a concept to create the term "Progressive of Doubt". It's a good and thought provoking read.

On the lighter side, Preacher Mom reminds us that we are not all normal - whatever normal is.

I have to run for now.

XT

eXTReMe Tracker