Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Pope John Paul II

Although I'm not a Catholic, I have to make mention of the death of Pope John Paul II. As I listened today to people talk about what the Pope meant to them, I realized how short-sighted it was for Americans to credit Ronald Reagan with the fall of communism. When John Paul II made his visit to Poland, his speech brought at least 20 million Polish citizens onto the streets and lent moral clarity to the message of Soladarity. When President Bush's words inspire half that many people, I'll be the first to give him credit.

I didn't agree with everything the Pope said, but that doesn't matter. I do believe that he was a Godly man that sincerely sought the will of God in everything he did. The world honestly needs more people like him.

XT

eXTReMe Tracker